Tuesday, May 10, 2011

No project this week

I don't have a project this week, because we have to take a trip to Waikato Hospital.  P was born with a very large birthmark on her forehead, and after much consideration, DH and I decided to have it removed surgically.  There are a couple of reasons for our decision.  The most important one is that I have a very strong family history of melanoma, and this is a very large birthmark, with an associatedly (I don't think that is actually a word, but you get what I mean) large risk.  The other reasons are aesthetic, because although it is in her hairline, when her hair is pulled back the birthmark can still be seen; and it is easier to do it now, while she is young, rather than her wanting to do it as a teenager or adult and the process being more difficult.

We have had some of it removed already, and they are going to cut a bit more out tomorrow.  It is all very upsetting and nerve wrecking, even though we've been through it before.  The travelling doesn't help either since it means we all have to go.

Anyway, the point of this post is to let you all know what is going on, and since I am going to be busy and stressed this week, there is no point attempting a project as well.  However I suspect I may get a little bit of knitting done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, please, pretty please,

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...