Wednesday, June 29, 2011

One project a week

So I have been doing my projects one a week for a little while now, and I thought I would share my list with you.  If  you thought I decided these a few days or weeks in advance, you were wrong.  I have a list of projects (with a few gaps) until Christmas.  Yes that's right, for the next 6 months.  I do change and rearrange these from time to time, but I find it such a useful way to keep on top of all the crafty things I want to do, without getting stressed out that I don't have time to do any specific thing.  It also means that if I don't finish something within the week, I just file it away for next time, no need to get anxious about completing something.  I can't stress how beneficial this has been for my mental wellbeing, and how much more I can now achieve, than I did without this plan.

So, my list for the next 6 months or so:
Week of 4/07: Pay it forward
Week of 11/07: Advent Calendar
Week of 18/07: Steiner toys
Week of 25/07: J's birthday presents
Week of 1/08: Christmas presents
Week of 8/08 and 15/08: No projects due to imminent neice/nephew arrival
Week of 22/08: Selfish sewing
Week of 29/08: Holiday
Week of 5/09: No project decided yet
Week of 12/09: Montessori activities
Week of 19/09: Christmas presents
Week of 26/09: Summer sewing/sorting
Week of 3/10: Feminine Hygiene
Week of 10/10: Birthday preparation
Week of 17/10 and 24/10: No project decided yet
Week of 31/10: Art
Week of 7/11: Photos
Week of 14/11: No project decided yet
Week of 21/11: Birthday preparation
Week of 28/11: Possibly birthday prep
Week of 5/12: Christmas Tree
Week of 12/12: Christmas Decorations

If you'd like to join in, either by posting your own list, or by following mine, please just leave a comment.  I'd love to know if this kind of system would help you or be some kind of nightmare ;)

1 comment:

  1. Hi! This looks like a great way to get things done! I've got so many crafty ideas of things I want to do, but the ideas never seem to go any further than to my head... Which makes me a bit sad. I think I'll give the list thing a go, it might just work for me too!
    Cheers!
    /Jessica

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, please, pretty please,

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...