Monday, July 25, 2011

Cultural Swap


A little while ago I signed up for this awesome cultural swap that Melissa is hosting over at Chasing Cheerios.  I was so excited to be able to take part in this.  Essentially I will send out 12 envelopes with information about our lives, our town, and New Zealand in general, and I'll get 12 envelopes back.  I'll keep them all and bring them out one a month next year.

Its such a fabulous idea.  My plan is to get a map of the world for P for Christmas, and we'll mark on it where we get the envelopes from.  I also want to get some continent bags so that I can add in all the interesting trinkets we get.

So my project this week is to get my envelopes together.  The contents will probably include:


  • Some sand from our beach (its black sand so fairly unusual)
  • Some NZ coins
  • Instructions and materials on how to make a poi (look out for a guest post from my friend Kirsty)
  • Some other little NZ trinkets
  • A vocab card with some common Maori words/phrases
  • Photos - of our house, the Mountain and our bike rides.
Such an exciting project, I can't wait to get started on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, please, pretty please,

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...