Thursday, October 27, 2011

The best of the Australian Women's weekly craft book

 This book has belonged to my Mum for quite some time, and for the last couple of years I have been 'borrowing' it.  This was published in 1989 and if you can get hold of a copy I seriously recommend it.  It has all sorts of patterns and ideas in it.  The knitting patterns are great, and the sewing is also really interesting.

 Although I do have to note that the sewing instructions are a little sparse - when it came to sewing P's sunhat, I couldn't work out what to do with the lining on the crown section at all.

 But for a variety of interesting crafts and ideas, this book is fabulous.  One of the patterns for a blanket actually dates to the 19th century.  Its one of the ones I'm really keen to try.

Of course there are also some interesting '80's ideas - crochet tablecloth anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, please, pretty please,

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...